Special at TCPalm
Talk like a pirate, drink German beer, run (or walk) to benefit a local charity, learn to remodel and listen to live blues music this weekend.
Here’s your Five on Friday weekend update for the Treasure Coast.
Professional wrestling live:Ignite Wrestling matches return to the Walking Tree Brewery this weekend
Indian River County
Pirate and Caribbean Party
- 2 p.m.-6 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday
- Riverside Park, 3258 Riverside Park Drive, Vero Beach
- The three-day festival is packed with Caribbean food, tropical drinks and cocktails, steel drums, calypso and reggae music, pirates, mermaids and vendors of nautical products.
- Free entry, but donations of $ 2 are accepted
County of St. Lucia
Out Run Hunger 5K
- 7-9 a.m. Saturday
- Causeway Cove Marina, 601 Seaway Drive, Fort Pierce
- This run or walk is a flat, fast course that is perfect for runners of all skill levels. All participants will receive a t-shirt, a finishing medal and a timing chip. Proceeds go to Treasure Coast Food Bank programs for children, families and the elderly.
- $ 35.00 per person
- Saturday afternoon
- Hop Life Brewing Company, 679 NW Enterprise Drive, Suite 101, Port St. Lucie
- The celebration includes an Oktoberfest beer outing, authentic German food, ax throwing and live music.
- Free entry
Port Saint Lucie Home Fair
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday
- MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center, 9221 SE Event Center Place, Port St. Lucie
- Meet professional exhibitors with ideas and information on the latest home improvement products and services. Start planning your next remodeling, remodeling, landscaping or decorating project.
- Free entry and free parking
- 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. Sunday
- Riverwalk scene, St. Lucia Avenue, downtown Stuart
- Learn about the Blues Crusaders as they entertain participants along the St. Lucia River. Enjoy the show from the decked amphitheater or from the river in your boat. The sellers will be on site. For easy parking, take the free Sailfish shuttle from Osceola, Sailfish or Kiwanis parks.
- To free
Elysia Brennan is a freelance writer for TCPalm researching the best things to do across the Treasure Coast. Do you have an upcoming event that you potentially want to include in this weekly roundup? Email it to [email protected] You can also upload your event to TCPalm’s events page at events.tcpalm.com.